Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Aligning Your Chakras

Ayurveda means the "science of life" and has been practiced in India for over 5,000 years.  As a perfect opportunity to celebrate National Meditation Month, I experienced a Chakra Balancing at Qua Baths & Spa inside Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. 

A little tense that my artisan might find out even the most minor conflicts in my life, she gently laid me down, placed a cool compress over my eyes and started reading my energy zones (Chakras).   An aromatic infusion burning sage filled the room.   Using a quartz crystal suspended from a string, she slowly read the vibrations from my body.  

After discovering where my imbalances were and sharing them with me, she gave me a brisk Ayurvedic massage.    Using  large amounts of oils, infused with herbs, the massage is meant to promote heat and accelerate the penetration of healing properties into my skin.  The overall experience was surreal.  After the workup, another reading took place to reveal a more balanced and relaxed me.  The parting gift was a necklace comprised of gemstones that would help keep me balanced and consciously work to realize my intentions.

No comments: