Now, they may think good eating is getting that toy at McDonald's or the school lunches that offers pizzas, mini hot dogs and burgers. That's normal. It's also the problem. Good nutrition starts at home with education, experimentation and exploration to eating new foods and making the right choices.
You're in control of what your child eats. Cooking with them offers the "activity" that they crave, so make it fun, interesting, and most of all, eat up and be well.
The benefits of cooking with kids:
- Encourages eating together
- Introduces the entire family to try a new dish
- Instills the importance of eating healthy
- Gives kids the satisfaction and pride of being part of a "project"
- Shop together
- Give them a kitchen task they can complete
- Allow them to experience the whole process - from beginning to end
- Encourage them to suggest a new ingredient
- Clean up together
- Eat together and enjoy the fruits of your labor